Friday, January 30, 2009

Should I??

Dear all,
Well, the last period was really tough! I had a lot of frustrations both on the professional and the personal levels.
I will not discuss the personal things, but Alhamdolillah, I am recovering.
About my career, I was delayed by my dear institute for a stupid reason, then finally they applied their new system!! and guess what?? "CHIMERIC"!! I mean so far we don't have persons in charge who have a very special talent, which is that they can "think", so if we need to develop a system why don't we take it from who ever as such? those who started it so many years ago & got its weak points & fixed them!! But welcome to Egypt guys, we adopted say an American system & those brilliant people in the government modified some of it, then those brilliants in Alexandria University modified some & finally those brilliants in my research institute added their final touch!! so, now we have the head of an animal, the body of another & the tail of a third one!! also we have nails from a certain creature, ears from another & a trunk of an African elephant!!
Any way, they did whatever they want, they obliged us to take whatever they think it is better for us (can you believe it? they say they know our own interests better than we do? our ages range from 29 - 50 years old by the way). They kept us indulged all the time in writing lectures & studying books resembling the yellow pages!! And by the end of the semester, they had one of their nice meetings & they found out that they are mad at us!! they said that all the assistant lecturers were devoted for the lectures and they didn't perform their duties in the department!! taking into account that they were the ones who gave those lectures & they were the one who kept us in a class room all the day just like the middle school kids!!
So, before our semester exams, our dear staff members decided that there will not be a next semester!! i.e: we will have a gap in our MD so that we can "serve" the department in the following few months. We can take elective courses outside the department & those would be included in our GPA but, we can only take them after 3.00 p.m so that our work in the department won't be affected!!
Ah, they also decided that no M.D should be obtained in less than 3 - 4 years!! meaning that even if you are lever enough, they will delay you in the middle of it so that you won't finish early!!
Then we came to the exams, they put some questions, but they didn't know how to evaluate them!! after we finished answering and they sat together, one old professor thought about a horrible way for correction & they applied it! and of course it is against all international rules & the candidates were not informed before answering!! 3ak 3ak 3ak ya3ni.
Here I am, waiting for the result, no body knows what will happen, ya mosahel.
For those who don't know me, I am a very irritable person, always on the firing level, in fact, I am aggressive in some way, I admit it! But during the last few weeks (my exams), I was very calm in a way that amazed everyone there & even my closest friends were very amazed too. I reacted to all annoying situations in a very quiet way, people thought I took some tranquilizers! But I decided to change. This attitude will be mine in every single thing in my life, home, work, lectures, friends, every thing. I am not thirty yet & I am having hypertension & recurrent chest pain attacks, I need this life style change, right?
Now I am thinking about changing my display name too, why shouldn't I use my name instead of that "frustrated" one & see?
What do you think guys, in spite of all these surrounding nice things, should I change my display?

2 comments:

Mona said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ola said...

Dear Mona,
Thank you for your real concern, but if you know me you would have got that I have a problem of being over confident!! My question here is not because I don't trust myself or any thing, it's just because I have been using this name since the day I started blogging & I want to take my readers views to know how do they generally think about nick named and whether they truly express the status or people think that they are just names!!
Thanks again