Friday, August 14, 2009

I love Microsoft!!

The problem: yesterday I was trying to update my nero, something went wrong & suddenly the DVD icon in "my computer" is gone!! The DVD player is working, I can insert & eject DVDs & I can hear the sound of their running, but nothing on the screen! I googled the problem & people were talking about that problem occurring during updating a software, but no body gave an applicable solution. I restored my system with no use. Even the worst possibility in any problem, that's to reformat the system is not possible now, I mean how can I use the back up DVD?! well, my last attempt was to write down the problem on the Microsoft support page. They gave me short notes about the possible cause of the problem & they offered a small file that I can download & run, it will fix the problem on its own!! OK, nothing to loose! That file ran in less than one minute, I restarted my laptop & WOW, here is the DVD icon! I love you guys:) N.B: for any one who reads this & try to solve a similar problem, please don't use the Microsoft support unless you have a premium windows:)

5 comments:

No Fear said...

السلام عليكم
أولا كل سنة و أنت طيبة
أحلي حاجة في الموضوع النصيحة الأخيرة المهمة جدا

mohra said...

i am always impressed with the respectful way they treat any correspondance....always amaze me ....although we say they are cold but that show a respect and care

خالد الاسكندرانى said...

keep up the great work, Happy Ramadan..

Hicham said...

Great that you solved the problem. Ramadan Kareem!

Ola said...

No fear,
كل سنة و انت طيب يا محمد باشا:)

Mohra,
Exactly! wish we can do the same!
Happy ramadan

خالد السكندراني
Happy ramadan to you too:)

Hicham,
Allaho akram,
Thanks for passing by