Tuesday, March 31, 2009

CAIRO!!!

I hate Cairo, I really do, but I think I want to live there!! Why do I hate Cairo (of course I am comparing it to Alex, which is not fair)? 1) Very crowded. 2) You have to get into the street at least 1.5 hours before your appointment. 3) People drive really crazy there 4) You can't go any where on foot, even if it is few kilometers away 5) You can't wear white, rose, light blue,.......if you are going for an interview or a meeting or some where you have to look nice because simply the color won't be the same when you arrive there (about 1.5 hours from getting out of your house) 6) You can't have a walk by the sea!! Why do I want to live there? 1) One can have a better career than being in another city like Alex. 2) People are open minded, more than those nice Alexandrians. 3) All major events take place in Cairo; congresses, important meetings, exhibits, foot ball matches & even concerts. 4) Cairo University is much better than Alex University, in fact, Ein-Shams faculty of medicine is even better. In my opinion, it is the best medical school in Egypt. 5) My brother & one of the closest friends to my heart live there 6) They have the Nile!! What do you think guys??

7 comments:

Shimaa Gamal said...

Well, Cairo is home for me :) so I am a bit biased ;)
Actually you can wear pink, and light blue but I don't recommend white anywhere in Egypt not only Cairo :) And you don't always need the 1.5 hours ahead Unless you have to go across the city.
You can still go places on foot, but walking isn't a Cariene thing. I walk whenever I can but I have friends who drive just because they can :)

And the fact that all the major events are taking place in Cairo isn't really a plus :(
And the people aren't that open minded. I didn't deal with many Alexandrians, but I could use more open mindedness here :))

bas sebek enty, Cairo hatnawar

Evaluna said...

lol
well... you're right about not comparing both cities, a city by the sea can only be compared to another by the sea... otherwise it won't be fair :)

Cairo is loud and polluted and crowded, but i just love it! it's my home! you CAN actually go to places on foot... depending on where you are.. ya3ny i dont believe west el balad yetsa2 feeha masalan... el mashy feha 2a7san keteer.. and of course you can walk around within districts (maadi... zamalek masalan).. and along the Nile 3al korneish..

if you ever decide to come live in Cairo, it'll be hard at first, you will probably miss Alex. like crazy... and you will never love Cairo the same way you love alex. and you will forever keep comparing this to that, but you'll still have fun.
I made peace with the fact that only Cairians love Cairo that much whereas you can easily find fe kol 7etta people who love Alex.!!

Cairo hatnawar ;)

Gihan said...

What is you said is just soo true.. ayy makan keda begad.. leeh 7agat we7sha w leeh 7agat 7elwa.. you just have to get the whole package!

Bass 3omooman el marra el gaiia isA akeed akeed.. hanshoofek :D

Ola said...

Shaimaa,
Ok, I'll think about it, thanks dear:)

Eva,
Ahlaaaaaaaaan, ezzai el se7a?
I know i'd find people who love Alex in Cairo:)
Thanks ya basha

gjoe,
Akeed isA:)

Mohaly said...

Cairo is the city of contradictions. Everything you want you will find in cairo... mosques & brothels, gardens & garbage, avenues & alleys, compounds & slums, 2010 & 1950 cars, very open minded liberal people and very retarded ones too, extremly rich and extremely poor, clean & dirty water, food, & air.. professionals & idiots, top education & ta7t el selem...

believe me Cairo is more than a city, it is an overwhelming experience!

Ola said...

Mohaly,
I think what you said is applicable on many other cities, in fact some times I think Alexandria is also full of contradictories! You know something, I think we should say it's about Egypt & not just Cairo or Alex or any other city:)

insomniac said...

eh ya Ola!!!

kol da 3ashan mesheety block 3ala reglek!! i had no idea i was parked that far walahy, kont allefelek bas matsheleesh fe nafsek men cairo awy keda!!

we kaman ya adra ya moftareya, betelbesy pastel colors fe alex!!! de el rotooba betghayar el alwan aslan!!! we Alex is not that less crowded, it's only smaller!!

aiwa it takes sa3teen kaman to get from one district to the other.. da la2en el maadi mesh laz2a fe madinet nasr zay ma roshdy laze2 fe mostafa kamel!!!

bossy ba2a, seebek men el mo2tamarat, yoom i will take the day off we neseeb el welad fel nursery 3ashan ma7adesh yesada3na, and i will show you the cairo i love!