Friday, October 31, 2008

Did they really do it?

I was talking to my cousin the other day about how busy I am since I had started my MD courses. After a short chat she said "ha, they did it!! that is exactly what they wanted". Who are "they"? I think "they" here referes to "7ezb a3da2 al naga7", those people I am talking about since the moment I opened this blog!! They are those people who stood infront of me telling me that I have to postpone my career for one whole year because they are tryng to apply a new educational system and they want me to join it. So, to those who were never involved in a post graduate program in our dear Egypt, it is pretty known that there are no lectures given to PhD or MD candidates. Lectures are only given to masters or diploma candidates but those applying for a higher degree are smart enough to study and understand things on their own. They do not have a syllabus, whenever one asks, he receives a fmous reply "ento doctorah, momken tetsa2alo f ai 7aga" without even defining what is this "ai 7aga", I think they do not know it themselves. Any way, the new system takes a lot of money from candidates so it forces the professors to give lectures to both degrees and present a soft copy from those lectures to the persons in charge. As expected, our senior generations had stopped reading long time ago, they can not deal with computers and they do not have something different other than their masters lectures to give to MD students. What a dilemma? What can they do? BINGO!! they sat together in what they call "department councel", a monthly gathering for each department staff members where they meet each other, talk for some time & end uo with amazing decisions. They decided that the MD candidates should prepare lectures for themselves and present them a soft copy!!! They divided courses given each semester on the number of candidates and each should do a kind of research and present the lecture infront of his collegues & his professor as well!!! very stunning!! and you can never object, why? because you silly person decided to obtain a scientific degree from this country, so accept the rules. Why? because you young researcher are a part of the lousy system and you have to behave like one. Why? because if you started objection, you should then multiply the usual time you are going to obtain your degree in by three or four. Why? because if you object you will stay still in your place. Now I am lost in this system. I stay up all night doing my professors' homework for them. I go to work very tired out of sleep lacking and I present lectures to my collegues. I also have to do some duties in my department like teaching the younger staff and the external candidates. I forgot, I have a thesis that I have to finish but I honestly do not have time to write a single word in it.What do you think? did they do it??

7 comments:

Geddo Iskandar said...

طيب - إيه رأيك في "بربع جنيه" إيجابية :))

النظام منيل و إبن ستين كلب - متفقين ... أصمدى بقة لحد متنقلب الأدوار وتكونى في موقع يتيح ليكي التغيير ...

ده الحل الوحيد المطروح دلوقتي

معلهش :))

Anonymous said...

Iam very sorrry to say that and increase ur frusteration but they sure did it if u will be able to handle it for a month or two what about few years after a while it will be overwhelming and u will forget Such a noble desire of change will get lost u will not be able to remember but the bitterness you suffered There is no way out

beleive it or not i still wish you will be the one who can prove me wrong

Ola said...

Geddo,
I am doing my best here wallahi.

Anonymous,
who is it? Amira!

Anonymous said...

bravoooooooooooooo
u really know me

insomniac said...

ya geddo, hat showayet tafa2ol wennaby... enta wakhed naseeb el sha3b kolo tafa2ol we sayebna layseen!

Mohammad said...

Are you still asking if they did it or not? They sure did! and yeah, u'll most probably end up in the staff and teach the students what you researched 10 years ago, because you don't have time and patience to be up to date. Will you be a researcher? I don't think such job even exist over here. There's only professors, and the best of them are those who are tired of the system that they let as many students as possible pass safely. Education? well, I'm sure they teach u to be a true Egyptian, so I suggest they start putting that in the certificates.

Good luck, it's the one and only thing that can help u!

Ola said...

Insomniac & marooned,
I think if we mix geddo & marooned we can come up with 2 realistic persons who lives on this planet with optimum optimism:)